Pretty Prom Hairstyles at Darren Michael Hairdressing Salon in Oldham
If you’re going to your school prom soon, why not let the team at Darren Michael Hairdressing Salon in Oldham take the strain out of planning your party hairstyle?
You have enough to think about while studying for your exams so take some inspiration from our gorgeous party hair ideas and top tips to keep your hair style looking fabulous late into the night…
Curly Prom Hairstyles
We can create a variety of gorgeous and on-trend looks by adding curls or waves to your hair. Depending on the look you want to achieve, we can transform you into a rock chick, give you retro 1940s or 1950s waves or create cool mermaid waves or beach babe curls.
Top Tip – How To Keep Your Curly Prom Hairstyle Looking Great
- Curly hair always looks gorgeous but, after a couple of hours of dancing, your curls may begin to drop and (eeek!) may even become a bit frizzy. The solution? Curls will hold better in day old hair as your hair will not be soft and slippery.
- Curl your hair in sections and apply a setting lotion to each section before curling your hair with a wand or tongs. Pin your curl in place so it is tightly wrapped up and let it cool before releasing it.
- Finish with a spritz of hair spray.
- Do not be tempted to fiddle with your hair as this will cause the curls to drop out faster.
Plaited Prom & Party Hair Ideas
Braids and plaits look young and flirty and are perfect for all hair types and lengths…even short hair. Bring in a photo of your dress and any hair accessories you’d like to wear to your prom and we can come up with a unique hairstyle that’s perfect for you.
Top Tips – How To Stop Braids Slipping On Fine Hair
Braids can sometimes misbehave and slip from their original position. This is a particular problem for women with fine or thin hair, but does also happen if you have thicker hair. Try these tips to solve this issue:
- Add some product to your hair to make it grip. A hair salt spray or dry shampoo work well.
- Spritz some hairspray onto your hair and blow dry it into shape.
- Braid your hair as tightly as you want but bear in mind that tighter plaits will stay in place for longer than loose plaits.
- Add some bobby pins to the first part of your plait to hold it in place. You can always hide any pins that are showing by adding some pretty hair accessories to your braid, such as a fake flower.
Wearing You Hair Up for Prom
One of the most popular and stylish of prom hairstyles is the upstyle or updo. We can create beautiful chignons, casual upstyles with face-framing tendrils, ballerina buns, plaited upstyles… the list is pretty much endless!
Top Tip – How To Keep Your Upstyle Perfectly In Place
- Keep your upstyle securely in place by doubling up on bobby pins, placing them in a criss-cross to hold your hair securely.
- If you’re worried about the pins showing, either use pretty jewelled pins or cover up the bobby pins with a lovely hair accessory.
- Tame any flyaway hair by spraying hairspray onto your hair brush and running it through your hair. Perfect if you want a slick and perfectly polished updo.
- Check out some of the cool faux hair pieces that you can add to your upstyle to make it more interesting. Maybe add a thick plait as a halo braid, or some clip in (or real) hair extensions for volume or a pop of extra colour.
Book your Prom Hair appointment at Darren Michael Hairdressing Salon in Oldham
Book in early to secure your prom hair appointment at Darren Michael Hairdressing as we get busy at this time of year.